Hamilton Reservoir is located in the Town of Holland, Massachusetts. Holland is located in south, central Massachusetts bordering Union, Connecticut. In the 1860's the Hamilton Woolen Company dammed the Quinebaug River and formed the Hamilton Reservoir. The Reservoir is located in the headwater region of the Quinebaug River watershed which flows north through the town and combines with the French and Middle Rivers to form the Thames River in Connecticut.
Friends of HRA, Inc. (FHRA) is a 501 (c) (3) Public Charity, formerly known as the Hamilton Reservoir Association. The purpose of the Corporation is exclusively for charitable and/or educational purposes. The FHRA works to raise funds for the maintenance & preservation of Hamilton Reservoir, including public safety, environmental integrity & its’ conservation.
2020 Lake Calendars are available: $12 each – all pictures have been taken on the Lake. Proceeds go to Preservation Fund. Contact Chris at email@example.com
Membership Reminder: The 2019 membership fee was voted on and approved to be increase to $50 per year and is due Jan. 2019. Memberships can be paid throughout the year but please try to get your dues in before June 15, 2019. Please use the membership form when renewing and/or if you are a NEW member joining. Thank you.
**** Calendar of Events – 2019 ****
***** Annual Lake Draw Down is scheduled for Oct. 15, 2019 *****
1. Draw Down will begin Tues., Oct. 15, 2019 - at a rate of 2 inches a day until 24 inches is met.
Town By Law says: Boats & Docks need to be out of the water by Oct. 31.
2. South Basin Boat Launch will be worked on or around November 1st - draw down depending.
The launch will be closed while the repair work is done. So plan ahead.
****NEWS FOR THE LAKE WORK TO BE DONE****
1. The Highway Dept is lowering the lake more than 2 feet (if you haven't noticed) - because they have to fix the culvert on little causeway near Forest Dr & Lakeridge Dr. I do not know when the work will be done but now is the time to rake your waterfront, fix your wall, etc. before the lake level rises again.
2. The South Basin will be repaired one-two days next week - so you can't not use the launch during that repair.
3. Docks need to be removed as of Oct. 31st unless you are grandfathered.
4. Your 2020 membership $50 dues will be due in Jan. 2020. A postcard will be mailed in Jan. to remind you.
Join the FHRA - $50 for membership – or make a “Preserve the Lake Fund” donation.
Send your membership form and donations to:
FHRA, 27 Sturbridge Rd., Unit 17, Holland, MA 01521
Please indicate: donation or membership & include mailing address and email address.
Join the Fun and Help Save Hamilton Reservoir!
“Preserve our Lake – Preserve our Town”
The FHRA is working to raise funds for additional lake maintenance in the future.
Your donations are tax deductible. Ask your employer if they offer gift matches to non-profits. Please consider giving.